Sticky notes + vocabulary = Sticky Vocab
Prepare your sticky notes (also called ‘post-it’ as a trademark).
Listen to my tips on sounds, linking words and word stress.
Repeat after me. Several times and always out loud.
Write the examples on the sticky note and read them with me - at the same time.
Remember to repeat tricky words every other day.
Have fun and use your new examples in every possible situation.
Comfortable /ˈkʌmftəbəl/ [adjective]
informal: Comfy /ˈkʌmfiː/
If you feel comfortable you are relaxed and free from discomfort.
- Please come‿in. Make yourself comfortable.
- Make yourself comfy.
- I'm not comfortable 'speaking in front‿of‿all those 'people.
- Are you comfortable or‿is‿it too hot?
Pleasure /ˈpleʒ.ə/ [noun]
Enjoyment, satisfaction or something that produces the feeling.
- The pleasure‿is‿all mine.
- It’s‿a pleasure to meet‿you.
- It’s‿always‿a pleasure to see you.